[Tango-L] Walking off the floor

Fantasia Sorenson bichonheels at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 10:45:39 EDT 2007

Prior to speaking, I think it is useful to consider three questions about
what you are about to say:
1. Is it true?
2. Is it kind?
3. Is it necessary?

They say that actions speak louder than words, so it might be good advice to
consider the same questions before acting, too.

There may be occasions when it is necessary to do something that is not
kind. For example, I might consider it necessary to end a tanda with someone
who is obnoxious. But ending a dance with someone who is nice, but
unaccomplished? I would call that unkind and unnecessary. I liked Deby's
conclusion that she didn't die when she danced with the visitor who was
thrilled to be there.

As demanding and proud as tango is, there's probably room for human
consideration.

Fan