[Tango-L] Leading vs. Following

Igor Polk ipolk at virtuar.com
Sun Apr 8 14:06:02 EDT 2007

Leading is not harder than following.
LEARNING to dance as a leader is much harder !

Gentlemen should practice 3 times more than ladies.

Why? An experienced leader can lead any beginner in a dance with ease.
An experienced follower is not able to make a dance with a beginner leader.

Igor Polk
PS
Last posts helped me to realize this. Yes, I probably agree that dancing as
a lady requires significantly more of many things, including physical effort
than a man does in the dance. It would be interesting to read lady's point
of view.

But what I should do? I like to spend a lot of energy in the dance !