[Tango-L] The Flying Dutchman

Fantasia Sorenson bichonheels at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 14:59:19 EDT 2007

On 4/6/07, Caroline Polack <runcarolinerun at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Fan,
>
> how long have you been dancing the tango? The reason I ask is because you
> said something about expecting more corroboration from other women.

Well, long enough to suppose that many of us would encounter the same
situations, but apparently not long enough to encounter what the better
dancers encounter!

I have received many responses already, both on the list and off, about
dancing with closed eyes. Really, I don't do it a lot. It was a figure of
speech.

My post actually had nothing to do with closed eyes. I was expressing alarm
over the random paths my leaders walk, a tendency so perilous that it makes
me want to cover my eyes. But not so much literally. The "dancing with
closed eyes" stuff was an example of a literary device known as "satire".
:-)

And if the guy is really that bad at navigation - don't encourage him by
> dancing with him. It's really that simple.

Thank you for the advice, Caroline. It probably makes a lot of sense.

Drat! Last week I figured out how to engender more invitations. Now this
week, do I have to work up the nerve to tender more rejections?

I don't suppose anyone else finds this difficult, do they? Am I the only
one?

Fan - The Unabashed Non-Expert Who Speaks Only for Herself, Not in Sweeping
Generalities