[Tango-L] The Flying Dutchman

NANCY ningle_2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 6 14:49:59 EDT 2007

Here is my reply to Fan along those same lines:

Fan wrote:

 Maybe I'm the one who is adrift? I imagined there
> would be more
> corroborration from other women.

Not if we don't agree with you.  How long have you
been dancing tango?  And where do you do most of your
dancing?   I have been dancing Argentine tango for 12
years and I wouldn't presume to make the broad
generalizations that you are inclined to do.  Just
because you do or don't do something in your limited
dance area does not speak for all of us around the
world who have had a wide variety of tango experiences
including, in my case, years of travel to BsAs.  There
are communities in the US where the tango and the
tango teachers are considered quite awful by dancers
from other areas and size of city is no guarantee of
quality.  If you expect to be considered an authority,
you should first establish your credentials.

And editing my response to your statements ( as you
tried to do with the cabaceo posting) is not the way
to establish any credibility with me.

Nancy

--- Caroline Polack <runcarolinerun at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Fan,
>
> how long have you been dancing the tango? The reason
> I ask is because you
> said something about expecting more corroboration
> from other women.
>
> I don't close my eyes because my partner is just as
> dependent on me to be
> his watchdog as I am on him to be mine. After all,
> we're partners when we
> dance together and even more so in crowded milongas.
>
> And if the guy is really that bad at navigation -
> don't encourage him by
> dancing with him. It's really that simple. And if
> you didn't know he was
> going to be that bad then don't be afraid to cut the
> tanda short. He'll get
> the message.
>
> Caroline

<<Rito es la danza en tu vida