[Tango-L] Cabaceo and Friends

Igor Polk ipolk at virtuar.com
Wed Apr 4 19:30:25 EDT 2007

Friends understand each other without words, isn't it?

People at any milonga dance mostly with friends. They know each other, they
just look at each other and understand immediately: "We are going to dance",
or "Not now, I am busy", and many other things.

There is no substitution to making friends. That is what is your pool of
partners is, not the ones you painstakingly are trying exchange glances
with. That is why classes are for - meeting and making new friends. That is
what show performances are for, and other tango activities - making new
friends to dance with later. That is why it is worth to dance with
beginners - you are making friends by helping them, and some of them will
become much better dancers than you soon - but still they will dance with
you because you are their friend, and helped him. I am not able to count
here the ways to make friends. Well, kiss your friends, praise your friends,
ask your friends for help, smile to your friends, wear nice cloth for your
friends, make an embrace a little more intimate for your friends, care about
your friends, love your friends ( as friends, that is what I mean, of
course ), talk to your friends, forgive your friends, do not complain to
your friends, make their life a little bit better ....

What is a formal invitation to a dance? A man or a woman? It is first of all
an attempt to make a new friend ! Go for it ! Invite ! Talk ! If you refuse,
you might loose an opportunity to make a new friend ( who has other
friends ) and may be even make a "tango enemy".

But who is the best tango friend? The one who dances better. This is the
number one quality. So, learn!

Conclusion: Make more friends, learn dancing better, and you will know the
way of cabaceo without any trouble.

Igor Polk