[Tango-L] Red Rover

astrid astrid at ruby.plala.or.jp
Mon Apr 2 10:01:20 EDT 2007

You mean, you have never been to a milonga yet?
I think, it really depends on the girls. I can spend months in milongas
without talking to anyone. Or I can sit there and complain wildly. Mostly I
am just mellowing out and resting between dances. Yesterday, for the first
time, I warned another woman that one of the better dancers is very drunk
and he might give her whiplash with his wild back ocho lead, while holding
her too low around the waist, and told her I had to be really careful when I
danced with him. Never happened before. Well, and he didn't succeed, next
time I just gave him milonguero style ochos, no more.
But yeah, women competing with each other really can ruin the atmosphere at
a milonga.

> One thing I want to know is, what do the girls talk about? Do they talk?
Do