[Tango-L] Red Rover

Fantasia Sorenson bichonheels at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 09:39:02 EDT 2007

I've heard about the seating arrangements in milongas in Buenos Aires and
I've found videos from Argentina on YouTube. Okay, so the girls are on one
side and the guys on another.

It looks so lonely!

Tango is so intimate. It seems so odd to me to have this division. It can
almost look like choosing up sides for a child's game of Red Rover.

One thing I want to know is, what do the girls talk about? Do they talk? Do
they compare notes about each other's dancing? Do they talk about the men?
Or are they competitive and they don't really want to have much to do with
one another while they're sitting there in a row with their glasses on
hunting prey? I confess that if I go there one day, that scene will be
pretty intimidating for me.

Fan