[Tango-L] Argentine Tango on Dancing with the Stars

Nina Pesochinsky nina at earthnet.net
Fri Sep 22 10:38:37 EDT 2006

Hi. Lucia,

Hmm..  You referred to 'my country".  Which is
that? I have not been able to figure that out

I never mentioned that "the culture of tango'" is
something desirable. I did not say one way or
another any judgement about it.  If not
desirable, then those romantic souls that you
refer to had made a big mistake.inventing it  and need to apologize. :-)

Authenticity is simple.  Do you pretend or do you
live the role?  There are people who live
authentic lives, and there are those who do
not.  Which is which shows in their actions.  If
you think that there is no "authenticity" in
tango, or anything else, just try learning the
Stanislavsky acting method and try to apply it to
tango or something else! You might be amazed.

But, then, like the line from the film 'American
Beauty" goes , "Never underestimate the power of denial!" :-)

Nina