[Tango-L] Argentine Tango on Dancing with the Stars

JFPaloma@aol.com JFPaloma at aol.com
Thu Sep 21 17:01:00 EDT 2006

Tango is hard, remember? It takes years of work. The goal of the  show is
for a bunch of complete neophytes to look good with very limited
preparation -- that's what makes it a contest and generates the tension
for the show. I'll bet that all the other dancers watching were rolling
their eyes too ("you call that mambo?!") Guess I'm saying the context
shouldn't be forgotten. I'd have been surprised if they'd actually done
something else....

Jeff

I think you missed the point, Jeff.  The Argentine tango was not  presented
as part of the competition but as an exhibition by "professional tango
dancers".  This was announced both Tuesday and Wednesday  night.