[Tango-L] Blue Tango

steve pastor tang0man2005 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 8 15:42:35 EDT 2006

As I continue to rummage around the history of music and dance in the US during the mid 20th century, I have found another fact or two that may be of interest to this list.
  " "Blue Tango," is a more exotic piece that topped the charts and, over 1951-1952,
  became one of the first instrumentals to sell one million copies."
  The "Blue Tango" album is listed as the Number One 1952 album in the USA on the
  BillBoard.com site.
  http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/bio/index.jsp?pid=2571
  Leroy Anderson also wrote "The Syncophated Clock" and  the holiday classic "Sleigh Ride".
  I have even found what may be an example of Argentine Tango being danced on American Bandstand in the mid 1950s (or not).