[Tango-L] Delaware Tango and viscinity

Tango Mail tango at springssauna.com
Tue Sep 5 14:02:47 EDT 2006

Hello all!

Still in pain and sleep deprived from the Denver festival; despite asking repeatedly not to be disturbed it never fails and
room service always tries to bust down my door after 2-3 hours of sleep. This morning, after 3 hrs of sleep, it was the lovely Qwest employee who in all consideration to me cut my phone line last week, before realizing he had no access into my home to complete the repairs :P

Anywhoo... I will be traveling to the East Coast again on business, and want to get a taste of the local flavor.
I will be stationed in Millsboro, DE which seems to be a 2.5hr drive to both Baltimore and Philadelphia.
There are a million links on the internet and it is hard to narrow it down to the correct milonga in the correct city.
When I visited NYC 3-4 years ago I went by the website recommendation(s) and ended up not dancing at all on Saturday, but had a wonderful time at the Monday night milonga (Manhattan tango?); mainly because of ONE person who had
been to Denver and I loved dancing with.

I dance Denver-style, so based on that I would like to find the appropriate venue for a Friday night and Saturday night
milonga in either city, end of September or beginning of October.

It would also be wonderful to find a gracious host with a vacant couch, so I don't have to make the 2-3 hour drive
back at night on unfamiliar roads or pay for two motel rooms at the same time; I would tip, of course.

If you are from said communities and have information you can share with me drop me a private e-mail and I'll describe
some of the people I know in these cities in hopes of getting in touch with them ahead of time.

Jani of Colorado Springs
(Not "jay-nee")
"At night, with the moon dreaming on the sea the rhythm of the waves deceives me with it's beat. Let's dance this tango,
I don't want to remember. Tomorrow a ship weighs anchor, perhaps it won't return"