[Tango-L] NA-C: Seeking ride share from Chicago to Heartland Tango Festival (Sept. 8-10 in Minneapolis)

PJ Grant windycitytango at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 3 18:32:52 EDT 2006

I realized a little late that ALL 3 of my favorite women teachers - Brigitta Winkler, Cecilia Gonzalez and Florencia Taccetti - will be in Minneapolis this weekend (Sept. 8-10) - it will be amazing. Plus 2 live orchestras - Conjunto Berretin from Portland (whose 3rd CD I have for local purchase) and The Mandrágora Tango Orchestra of Minneapolis (whose CD I recently purchased and was extremely impressed)!!!! The internationally reknown women will be joined, respectively, by: Tomas Howlin, Jaimes Friedgen (for whom I recently have developed a profound respect as he has matured greatly following his extended stay in BsAs) and Alex Krebs.
I was focusing so much on my upcoming trip to the Baltimore Tango Festival (Sept. 15-17, featuring Mariano "Chicho" Frumboli and Sebastian Arce with Mariana Montes - www.baltimoretango.com), I overlooked this fabulous event here in the Midwest. I am going to Baltimore, but I now desparately want also to go to Minneapolis. I'm looking for someone to share the drive w/ me - I have a rental car. I want to leave mid-to-late afternoon on Friday, Sept. 8 and return early morning on Monday, Sept. 11. Check out the schedule at www.HeartlandTango.com and let me know if you'd like to join me - WindyCityTango at yahoo.com / 773.260.2595. Also open to suggestions for sharing ride one way or the other.
Phoebe J. Grant / WindyCityTango, Inc.