[Tango-L] Milonguero is one style of close embrace styles.

Nina Pesochinsky nina at earthnet.net
Tue Oct 31 03:28:47 EST 2006

Ricardo Vidort was an awesome social dancer.  He danced with finesse
and sensitivity rarely seen anymore on a social dance floor.

What you see Julio Balmaceda and Corina de al Rosa dance in a video
is their creative work in their own technique that has been developed
over the last 10 years.  It is dynamic and it is about creative
movement that is unique to their own style.  They are speaking to the
people who are watching.  If you see them dance at a milonga
socially, with each other or with other people, you will see
completely different dancing.   You will never see either one of them
dance on a social dance floor as they dance in a performance.

What professional dancers have that social dancers tend not to have
is versatility.  Professional dancers are technically skilled to
dance in whatever style is called for, depending on the music, the
partner and the moment.  Professional dancers are dancers who are
constantly refining and developing their technique and
artistry.  Most of the best professional dancers in tango came from
being fabulous social dancers and they took the development of their
dance much further than social dance requires.

In order to give honor to the dancing of both Ricardo Vidort and
Julio Balmaceda, it is important to make this distinction.

Best regards to everyone,

Nina