[Tango-L] Tango Fire in Cleveland

Nina Pesochinsky nina at earthnet.net
Sun Oct 29 17:48:11 EST 2006

Hello, everyone,

Discussions where I hear "close embrace", "Milonguero style", etc.,
make me indignant.  Do people not realize that these things do not
exist?!  Who are the people perpetuating these myths?!

When I lived in BsAs, I made it my business to find out about these
terms.  I asked different dancers with 60+ years of non-stop dance
experience what is a "milonguero" style.  Most of them said they did
not know.  One said, "I am a milonguero, so it must be the style that
I dance."  All of these dancers had very different styles, technique, etc.

People who are skilled dancers have only one embrace.  Those who have
no skills have to give name to their limitations.

Please continue with your discussion!

Best regards,

Nina