[Tango-L] The thrill is gone... how to get it back?

Lucia curvasreales at yahoo.com.ar
Sat Oct 14 13:27:42 EDT 2006

It is interesting reading the encouragements to Rob Armus in this thread. What is the case?

  RA arrives in a town where no one knows him, drops in a milonga and,  without knowing anything about Tango, starts dancing in a disruptive  manner. Upon remonstrations, he learns some moves, but then is  dissatisfied that he has to dance by the rules of the dance, feels  boxed-in and Tango does not thrill him anymore.

  Without knowing more about RA such as:

  1. What thrilled him in first place?
  2. Does he behave on occasion in a disruptive, or asocial,  mode?
  3. Does he abide to rules and regulations, or hates them?
  4. How many traffic tickets does he have (or even if his driving licence in order?)
  5. Does he like music, does he dance and what, etc?

  RA, and the list  received the following replies, each from a different respondent:

   Have faith, you've not lost the thrill of tango at all.
   I guarantee the real thrill will still be there.
   Try breaking the "rules" from time to time
   I suggest not trying too hard to fit in

  Encouragements of this kind  to people one does not know well enough are irresponsible.

  Lucia

http://www.campaignforrealbeauty.com/flat3.asp?id=2287