[Tango-L] To dance or not to dance

Jacob Eggers eggers at brandeis.edu
Wed Oct 11 15:29:22 EDT 2006

It's easy as a leader to say that you can have a night of dancing
every tanda because there are more good followers out there than good
leaders. (It's something that I've only recently appreciated)

However, even for me as a leader. I find that I have usually have a
better night if I only dance for my absolute favorite tandas and
dancers. Either every dance can be good with some amazing dances, or
every dance can be AMAZING. I find that I'm happier if every dance is
amazing. This is not because of a lack of good followers, but because
the difference in quality between the best followers and the good
ones.

Still, I usually find that I'm unable to sit out and so >80% of the
time I still dance >80% of the tandas in a night (excluding all night
milongas).