[Tango-L] Cortinas (not the old car from the '70s)

Nina Pesochinsky nina at earthnet.net
Tue Oct 10 12:14:20 EDT 2006

Manuel wrote:
> Inflicting pain and suffering on tango lovers from the DJ booth is
> inexcusable. Doubly so if it's done from a narcisistic, egocentric,
> arrogant self delusion. Please spare me the BS. There is way too much
> crap being perpetrated under the Argentine tango name these days.
> Sadly, even some Argentineans are participating in the sell out of the
> tango. Shame on them and shame on everybody who's bent on the
> destruction of the classic Argentine tango.

Hello, Lucia, Manuel, and everyone,

Thank you for your e-mails!  I am with you and I am grateful for your
clear, loud voices.

I have come to a conclusion that we need the tango slobs.  All of them
- DJs, teachers, etc.  We need them in tango communities as a filter.
Dancers know the difference and are able to choose.  Even the rank
beginners! We also need them to help certain essence of tango to
emerge through contrast.  People feel it at their core when the music
is good. But the good music will not be appreciated if it is always
taken for granted.  So we need events with bad music to know the
difference.

Warmest regards,

Nina