[Tango-L] Alternative in Buenos Aires

Brian Dunn brian at danceoftheheart.com
Sun Oct 8 04:39:19 EDT 2006

Igor, you wrote:

So you mentioned about how many? 3-4 alternative milongas? About the same
like in San Francisco.
Out of 140 weekly?
Aha.
<<<

No, actually I said, "At the Monday and Thursday practicas run by El Motivo
Tango...the music from 8pm - 11:15pm or so was entirely classical tango (Di
Sarli, D'Arienzo, Biagi, Pugliese, etc.).  From 11:15pm until midnight, the
music shifted toward what many would consider alternative."

A milonga with 3 hrs 15 min of classical tango and 45 min of "what many
would consider alternative" (maybe not Jackie, though ;) ) is...an
"alternative milonga"??  Under the circumstances I'm not sure if that's a
useful designation. That's more than 80% classical tango music at an
"alternative milonga".  What are the ratios at typical "alternative
milongas" in San Francisco?

All the best,
Brian Dunn
Dance of the Heart
Boulder, Colorado USA
www.danceoftheheart.com
"Building a Better World, One Tango at a Time"