[Tango-L] If you are curious how people dance tango at milongasaround the world...

Brian Dunn brian at danceoftheheart.com
Mon Oct 2 17:40:41 EDT 2006

Oleh, you wrote:

"The clip from Lille, France -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEgyPDLZ60s
 is curious because it demonstrates an example of what I call "close embrace
dancing with giant steps". I also saw the same style danced by some younger
couples in Rome (couldn't find any clips of milongas in Rome at YouTube) but
nowhere in the USA."
<<<<

Oleh, thanks for this great collection! You have rendered a real service to
Tango-L.

Additionally:
The style these two youngsters from Lille exemplify is the typical social
dancing style at practicas like El Motivo at Villa Malcolm on Monday night
in Buenos Aires before Canning opens.  It may be no coincidence that
Gustavo, Fabian and Chicho have taught frequently in Europe, and Chicho for
one can often be found at Villa Malcolm on Monday nights.

All the best,
Brian Dunn
Dance of the Heart
Boulder, Colorado USA