[Tango-L] Tango-L Digest, Vol 7, Issue 2

Paul Akmajian milonguero505 at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 2 12:27:25 EDT 2006

Dear Deby,

This news is very much in keeping with what has happened in communities
across the US (NYC and elsewhere) where smoking bans have been enacted. The
initial reaction has always been that businesses and restaurants would lose
money and that people would stay away because they couldn't smoke. In fact
the opposite has been found to be true: business got better because people
who stayed away because of the smoke started going, and smokers found a way
to adapt.

I hope the positive reaction at Gricel means that Porteños will follow the
same pattern. It is certainly good news for North Americans and others who
love Buenos Aires but hate the smoke at milongas.

Paul