[Tango-L] Community Expansion Brainstorming

tango@bostonphotographs.com tango at bostonphotographs.com
Wed Nov 29 15:22:00 EST 2006

Before I started tango, I didn't know it's being danced socially. I didn't
know anything about it. 95% of the non-tango people I spoke with are in
the same boat.

I think PUBLIC regular events that are done in high traffic areas where
people can see social tango in action would attract more people for the
right reasons (as opposed to people taking lessons because the
"tango" they've seen in "Dancing with the stars"
appeals to them). Even the "Guerilla Milogas" like the one Jacob
organized should help.

The "Moonlight tango" in Cambridge is one example, but there are
only 4 or 5 of these every year and because of the horrible surface, not
many expecienced dancers attend. I think it would be awesome if we could
establish a weekly event outdoors, like there are in other cities.