[Tango-L] Classes for beginners in Buenos Aires

Janis Kenyon Jantango at feedback.net.ar
Wed Nov 29 07:37:32 EST 2006

Lois Donnay wrote:
I find that there is a serious lack in the beginner dance lessons
here [Buenos Aires]. I have been giving lessons here to people in close
embrace
because there are people who come here from the U.S. with only open
embrace training, and find they cannot dance. There are few lessons
here that focus on the way tango is actually danced in the milongas. I
think our training in the US for this kind of dancing is almost better
than here!

I can make two recommendations of excellent teachers for group classes:

Celia Blanco has a class on Mondays from 8:45-10:30 at her studio at the
corner of Humberto Primo and Entre Rios (which is only a short walk from
where you and your group are living).

Luis Canaan has a class on Wednesdays from 8:00-10:00pm at J. Peron 1878
(near Porteno y Bailarin). Luis lived in New York City for several years
where he taught tango and speaks English.

Janis Kenyon
Buenos Aires