[Tango-L] Interesting quote applied to tango

Michael tangomaniac at cavtel.net
Tue Nov 28 22:21:29 EST 2006

I read this quote from Danish philosopher Soren Kierkegaard:

"Most men pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it."

It made think of tango. What does it take to have pleasure in dancing tango. Figures vs. connection. Open vs. close embrace. Quality vs. quantity. Dancing as an individual vs. dancing as a true partner.
When I look at the dance floor, I observe how dancers find pleasure. (Though sometimes I wonder if there is pleasure for their partner.)

Everybody has their own goal as a dancer and what they bring to the floor.

Michael Ditkoff
Saying "good night" from Washington, DC

I'd rather be dancing Argentine Tango