[Tango-L] Direction: Step descriptors.No Neither step.

Huck Kennedy huck at eninet.eas.asu.edu
Mon Nov 27 17:55:43 EST 2006

I wrote:
>      Theorem #1:  If you're in the parallel system
> and both you and your partner take a step, either
> you'll both be taking an open step, or you both
> will be taking a closed step.  Likewise, if you're
> in the crossed system and you both take a step,
> one of you will be taking an open step while the
> other will be taking a closed step.

     I just noticed I said "closed step" instead
of "crossed step."  I may or may not have heard
this as a synonym--if I did, it still means
closed in the sense of crossed (not open), not to
be confused with the term "closing step," which
just means bringing one foot in to rest beside the
other.  Let's just stick with "crossed," that's
already confusing enough.

Huck