[Tango-L] Tango Related Stocking Stuffer

Rcgimmi@aol.com Rcgimmi at aol.com
Sat Nov 25 03:04:38 EST 2006

Looking for tango related gifts for this holiday season?  Here's an idea:

"World Market" has a rather extensive collection of imported wines.  One of
the selections they have this year is an Argentine wine (a Malbec) from the
Mendoza region of the country.  The brand is called, "Lo Tengo" (trans: "I have
it") and it comes in 750ml bottles at the attractive price of $8.95.

Most of the Argentine wines I tried when I was living in Buenos Aires were --
I thought -- excellent.  I'd be surprised if "Lo Tengo" wasn't good.  But,
here's what got my attention.  The bottle label carries the legend, "EL TANGO."
The black and white picture on the label shows the legs of two tango
dancers.  And, the label is made of prismatically pressed plastic so that the legs of
the dancers seem to step back and forth as the bottle is rotated in a side to
side motion.

World Market also has a white wine that is being sold under the "Lo Tengo"
label.  It also has an optically active, black and white "EL TANGO" picture on
it.  In this case, the upper halves of the dancers are shown.  Not as
interesting as the picture on the red wine but it's still nice.

I saw this wine at the World Market store that is in the Gresham Shopping
Plaza.  It's near the MAX stop.  The salesman at the store told me that is should
be available at all of the World Market stores in the Portland area.  I have
no idea how long supplies will last.

[Lo Tengo, Malbec, 2005, Produced and bottled by Bodega Norton SA, Lujan de
Cuyo, Mendoza, Argentina.  www.norton.com.ar    Imported by TGIC Importers,
Inc., Woodland Hills, CA, 91364.  13.5% alc by vol.]

Happy shopping,

R.Gimmi
El Paseador de Perros