[Tango-L] Partner choices

Ben West cansado at rock.com
Wed May 31 00:38:08 EDT 2006

No, this is not the case. The women I'm talking about dance rather elaborate stuff although not to well excecuted.... Sure, part of the time it's a close embrace type of thing, but they also do the step de jour (volcada, colgada, gancho, etc..) and whatever is the latest canyengue step as show in some video.

What I don't understand is why they so rarely dance as women and so often dance as men... It does not even matter if the ratio is skewed towards more men than women, they still take women to dance and rarely dance with men (well, maybe they don't get too many invites...). Anyway, I just don't care for it and neither do other people I talk with. Like I said, I will not ask these women or their partners to dance because I don't think they want to be asked and they prefer to dance amongst themselves. Besides, there are lots of other women who like to dance the womans part with a male partner. I will ask them.

Cheers