[Tango-L] women leading???

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Tue May 30 13:43:44 EDT 2006

Hi all,

Jen - I had a great time dancing with you Sunday.
Wish you could have stayed longer so we could have
danced some more.

An interesting thing happened with Susana Miller's
annual visit to Pittsburgh this weekend.  Usually, I
partner Susana but she brought her son Diego this
year, who has a smoother style.  There were two
observations.

- I missed not partnering her as much during the
classes because she is so much fun and playful with
me.  Wheeeee!

- Some in the class who regularly come also missed our
partnering together.  Diego's smoothness was nice, but
the playfulness Susana & I have is also appreciated.

In my experience of dancing the man's part, I have
concluded that I have developed a different style of
than a man simply because it is an accurate
representation of my relationship with another woman,
much like Susana.  I find that women who dance the
man's part are generally more playful than a man.  But
this style is no different than a man who has
developed a playful style (I can think of several men
that I love to dance with).  It is still tango and it
is still honest.

Trini de Pittsburgh

Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh's most popular social dance.
http://www.pitt.edu/~mcph/PATangoWeb.htm