[Tango-L] women leading

Caroline Polack runcarolinerun at hotmail.com
Mon May 29 14:57:48 EDT 2006

"If a man wants to "be" with a woman and she wants to
"be" with a man, then they both need to practice the
art of the relationship by dancing with each other as
much as possible.  If a woman refuses to dance with a
man and a man is not attracted to a woman, then these
people who are left out, have to get to work on
themselves. They need to stop  bothering the people
who are successful, and maybe learn a few things from
them.  Life is fair to those who work at it.  Life is
unfair to self centered, selfish people, who try to
change everyone except themselves."

Oh my god, since when did we go from women leading to women being either
lesbians or preferring to dance with other women because she's having
problems with men? What the hell?

And how are women leaders and male followers "bothering" people and being so
selfish by trying to change everything but themselves?

Derik, you sound like you live in a trailer and has a bible with a ribbon
wrapped around it saying "I love Mommy" tattooed to your arm and that you
run around with a howdy-doo cowboy hat permanently attached to your
numskull.

>From what I heard, most women teachers in Argentina are fantastic leaders as
well, should we turn around and tell them all to shift their focus from
lesbianism to working on their relationship with a man, any man? Someone
wrote to me saying that no one wanted to dance with Susana Miller because
she was too good of a leader and therefore was a bad follower. As if a woman
learns to lead, she will become a bad follower?

I have never heard such ludicrous narrow-minded comments in my life. Glad
that I am on this side of the border, not yours, Derik. Oh wait, you
mentioned once that you are from Houston? Texas? Hmm....that is rather
revealing.

Caroline