Re: [Tango-L] 2¢ from a novice

Ed Doyle doyleed at gmail.com
Sat May 27 21:34:40 EDT 2006

Hi Robert,

Great!!!  Although I wouldn't presume to ever know what any women is
thinking, or any man for that matter, I suspect she was closing her
eyes to block out all distractions, and because she trusted you to
protect her, she could concentrate on the tango - the music, the
moment, your comfortable embrace and lead, and was probably having a
great time.  I doubt she was 'picturing a tall, young dark handsome
leader', but was probably just enjoying the moment.  That is what you
are trying to provide, a wonderful experience for your partner and
hopefully, she in turn is trying to give you her complete attention
for a moment.  Tango can be wonderful can't it.

If you have read Polly's book, you know that these special moments can
be illusive - there when you don't expect them, and impossible to
attain when you most want them.  Keep going to the lessons, practicas,
and milongas.  Dance when ever you can.  Listen to the music when ever
you can.  The dance will take over your life.

Regards

Ed