[Tango-L] Some people would complain if you hung them with a new rope...

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Tue May 23 20:14:16 EDT 2006

It's Sean again,

Something Christopher wrote about dancing with every
woman who shows up caught my attention. Before
responding to Lois, I should have asked her how big
her events are. Anyone who has read my previous posts
on the subject knows that for me, accepting a dance
that I don't want means that I sacrifice a dance that
I really do want. Hiding out in the rest room is just
as bad - I still miss a dance that I really want.

A four hour milonga will have about 18 tandas. If you
allow the man 3 tandas to rest, then he can dance with
up to 15 different women. Guys, if there are less than
15 women at the milonga, I strongly urge you to try to
dance with every one of them. Your primary focus at
this point should be community growth. I did that for
at least 5 years, until our community grew to a point
where we sometimes have 30 or more women at a milonga.
It's only now that we have a large community, that I
feel that I should be allowed some input about who I
dance with. Alas, many women here don't agree.

Sean

P.S. Gracias Lucia y Sergio!
P.P.S. Women who lead are always near the top of my
"Want to dance with" list. Learning to lead helps them
become much more expressive followers, just as
learning to follow helps men to be much more attentive
leaders.

--- "Christopher L. Everett" wrote:

Some nights I'm a good boy, and I dance 2 or 3 songs
with every woman who shows up, right down the line of tables.