[Tango-L] Some people would complain if you hung them with a new rope...

Rick Jones rwjones52 at yahoo.com
Tue May 23 14:58:31 EDT 2006

Sean,

That's the most convoluted logic I've ever read.  It's staggering, even for this board.

If anyone is trying to improve at anything that is essentially a partner endeavor, interacting with someone who is better than they are is a classic, tried-and-true way to go about it.  To differentiate between practice and dance is like arguing how many angels can tango on the head of a pin.

"Trini y Sean (PATangoS)" <patangos at yahoo.com> wrote:I do know that part of the problem is the prevalent fallacy (most recently spread by Rick) that women will improve by dancing "with someone who's above your current level."

We do improve by practicing with those who are above our current level, but practicing is very different than dancing.