[Tango-L] Some people would complain if you hung them with a new rope...

Dubravko Kakarigi dubravko_2005 at yahoo.com
Tue May 23 12:45:04 EDT 2006

It is really interesting to read all these different views. But, are you all dancing just to improve your dancing or are you men also dancing to share the pleasure of dancing with your dancing partners?

I mean, unless a lady is a total beginner, I can always find ways to make sure that she enjoys the dance. We have this elderly woman in our group (she is in her late 70s probably and mabe even more) with whom I always dance at least one tanda. She says she can not dance with anybody else but she enjoys dancing with me. It is because my own improvement is only secondary when I dance. My primary goal is to enjoy the dance. And for that, it is really enough to walk well. And when I see a smile on her face, I am happy.

...dubravko