[Tango-L] Some people would complain if you hung them with a new rope...

Rick Jones rwjones52 at yahoo.com
Tue May 23 10:46:01 EDT 2006

If you live in the U.S., and you have an interest in building a local tango community, then there may be some long-term benefit from dancing with some of those ladies who don't offer the short-term reward of an absolutely marvelous dance.  You're helping develop more future dance partners.

It's just common sense that one of the keys to getting better in any endeavor that requires partners -- dancing, chess, raquet ball, boxing -- is to partake with someone who's above your current level.

If all the really good women dancers had hid out in the bathroom when I -- or any other male tango dancer -- was beginning, how would any of us have ever gotten better?

If you don't feel like dancing, there are nice ways to say it.  ("I'm taking a break right now." "I promised so-and-so I'd dance the next tanda with her"  "I don't really like dancing to Pugliese")  But this notion of not dancing with people who are not at your level is, in the long-run, self-defeating at best, and really quite hypocritical.

Lucia <curvasreales at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
 --- Lois Donnay  escribi�:

> ouR great leaders have to hide or spend unusual
amounts of time in the bathrooms in order to avoid
being rude.

> Any solutions?

The !great leaders! should be hard without being
rude...

Real men do dance only with whom they fancy..

Real tangueras entice men to fancy them...

Just like in life, there's no pity in Tango, just
read/listen to the song words...

Lucia ;->

http://www.campaignforrealbeauty.com/flat3.asp?id=2287