[Tango-L] Getting to Expert - or, Do you Work on your Dance??

Igor Polk ipolk at virtuar.com
Tue May 9 16:44:02 EDT 2006

Astrid,

Of course dancing is the best, and if you know how to dance, you do not need
to participate in scholarly discussions if you have no interest in them, and
the word follower is not particularly nice ( but it is just a role, have you
been an "employee"? ), however, let me ask you:

1. When you dance, do you know how to make a leader to lead you to something
you want?
2. When you dance, do you know how to affect him so he receives and
appreciates a signal from you to pivot or to step, to react to you in a
certain way, while he still is leading in the dance?
3. When you dance, do you know how to block his wrong or unwanted movements?
4. Can you grab a beginner, and make a decent dance with him?

If you do, I am in line to dance with you!
Well, I am in line anyway :)

By the way,
I have read somewhere that there are people who learn by:

1. visually,
2. when somebody tells them,
3. with touch, through the tactile feelings,
4. through logical explanations.
5. ...

I guess Internet is a wonderful media for those who like logical
explanations and discussions - that is the way they learn! I personally,
concluded a lot from the recent technical discussions.

Those who participate in discussions do not have to be right all the time
( sorry, if it is misleading for someone ). That is the way the truth is
revealed, found, and constructed. We should not be afraid of our mistakes!
That is the way to fix them. Especially in the healthy community. And they
are not mistakes, they are just possibilities. It is useful to know about
all of them, good, bad, right, wrong.

On the other hand, those who criticize discussions, proclaim. Aha! Here it
is much more dangerous ground! ...

Igor.