[Tango-L] leading w/fingers on back

astrid astrid at ruby.plala.or.jp
Thu May 4 12:41:22 EDT 2006

> This was posted a while back, and it has stuck in my mind...I know this
> method is used frequently and maybe it's effective, but to me it really
> looks tacky. I'd like to find out what the followers think about a
> leader who guides with fingers of right hand; what does it feel like? Is
> it bad? Or am I just biased because I have no fingers to use?

I think, ochos can be led perfectly with the body and, if you will , the
right forearm. If a man uses his hand, I prefer, like Tine, the palm of the
hand. Of course, the finger lead can be understood, esp. by beginners, but
it really depends on how he does it. Our teacher told us once about a guy in
BsAs who got the nickname "El terminador", because he would press his
fingers like claws into the woman's back, and every woman would leave him
after one song, or even before the end of the first song.

Astrid