[Tango-L] "The tall, leggy girl from Rome, Italy and ..Inexperience tango teachers, stay away from Derik, a consumer who knows BS when he hears it.

Derik Rawson rawsonweb at yahoo.com
Wed May 3 16:01:01 EDT 2006

Dear Chris UK:

Thanks for posting this message.  It is very
interesting and revealing.

What is it about the mentality of these "close embrace
all the time" people?  If you happen to disagree with
them they threaten you...lol.

Last week I was at a milonga and someone went out of
their way to pour ice water into my chair, in the
hopes that I would be bothered by it.  I just kept on
dancing...lol.  Kind of childish, I would say.

Oh, by the way, I just figured it out...

The tall "leggy girl with the big boobs" that Michael
Figart saw me dancing with at a milonga and did not
like, is from Rome, Italy. She is currently doing her
MBA in Business Administration in a graduate student
honors program at the University of Houston and Rice
University. She was wearing the latest Italian
fashions at the milonga, because she just came back
from Rome. She looks exactly like Sophia Loren, except
with blue eyes..lol.  She is twenty something, and has
already traveled the world. She speaks Italian,
French, German and English, and is a gourmet cook. She
is extremely intelligent and fun.  No wonder MF did
not like her...lol.

PS-  We all know that Italians have absolutely no hope
of ever learning how to dance Argentine tango..lol.  I
am sure that Astor Piazzolla would comment on that if
he were still here.

Have a good day in the UK.

Derik
d.rawson at rawsonweb.com

--- "Chris, UK" <tl2 at chrisjj.com> wrote:

> [...]
> stay away from
> Derik, a consumer wh
> From: Yale Tango Club <yaletangoclub at yahoo.com>
> To: tl2 at chrisjj.com
> Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 08:54:55 -0700 (PDT)
>
> Chris
>
>   I am aware that if somebody were to say to
> somebody else, You @sshole,
> you would probably point out the absence of a verb
> and say it's not
> technically an insult. That doesn't mean the other
> 1199 people wouldn't
> feel it was an insult. It is meant as an insult.
>
>   I am most certainly not ashamed and I will think
> about apologizing
> after Derik apologizes once for each insulting email
> he sent me over the
> past year or two, and everybody else. It seems no
> matter what statement
> I post to the list about what I do and how while
> minding my own
> business, I get called names by this meddlesome
> idiot on the other side
> of the country. Please note that I have never cast
> the first stone.
> However I am not one to turn the other cheek.
>
>   While I have your attention. I feel it is only
> fair to remind you that
> the next time you do anything more iffy than
> pleasantly disagree, on a
> certain other forum that we are both on and of which
> I am the moderator,
> you will be removed from that forum. I thought about
> moderating your
> messages, but I'm too busy to be your mother. You've
> had 2 warnings,
> next strike you're out. We like the majority of your
> postings, however
> if you ruin it by acting like Derik and implying
> people are incomptetent
> or being in any way unpleasant in a few of your
> postings, we'd rather do
> without them. Unpleasant, meaning, by my standards
> not yours. Evidently
> your standards are a lot more relaxed.
>
>   This is a private message but I have no objection
> to your posting it
> to any list you desire, provided you do not edit it.
>

>   Tine
>

> "Chris, UK" <tl2 at chrisjj.com> wrote:
>   Tine wrote:
>
> > I am truly amazed that 1200 peple on this list let
> this idiot Derik
> > call them ignorant, incompetent, dull,
> predictable, inexperienced,
> > same old, boring, BS. This is just the words from
> this email.
>
> Tine, you should be ashamed of yourself. That's a
> wicked
> misrepresentation of Derik's email.
>
> "The music the DJ plays suddenly becomes very
> predictable ... rather
> dull" is not calling anyone predictable or dull, let
> alone '1200 people
> on this list'. In fact his email contains not a
> single example of the
> name-calling you claim.
>
> I hope you have the good grace to apologise to Derik

Derik Rawson
d.rawson at rawsonweb.com
http://www.rawsonweb.com
d.rawson at cal.berkeley.edu