[Tango-L] "Inexperience tango teachers, stay away from Derik, a consumer wh

Chris, UK tl2 at chrisjj.com
Wed May 3 14:46:00 EDT 2006

Copy of message received privately, below.

Chris

Subject: Re: [Tango-L] "Inexperience tango teachers, stay away from
Derik, a consumer wh
From: Yale Tango Club <yaletangoclub at yahoo.com>
To: tl2 at chrisjj.com
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 08:54:55 -0700 (PDT)

Chris

  I am aware that if somebody were to say to somebody else, You @sshole,
you would probably point out the absence of a verb and say it's not
technically an insult. That doesn't mean the other 1199 people wouldn't
feel it was an insult. It is meant as an insult.

  I am most certainly not ashamed and I will think about apologizing
after Derik apologizes once for each insulting email he sent me over the
past year or two, and everybody else. It seems no matter what statement
I post to the list about what I do and how while minding my own
business, I get called names by this meddlesome idiot on the other side
of the country. Please note that I have never cast the first stone.
However I am not one to turn the other cheek.

  While I have your attention. I feel it is only fair to remind you that
the next time you do anything more iffy than pleasantly disagree, on a
certain other forum that we are both on and of which I am the moderator,
you will be removed from that forum. I thought about moderating your
messages, but I'm too busy to be your mother. You've had 2 warnings,
next strike you're out. We like the majority of your postings, however
if you ruin it by acting like Derik and implying people are incomptetent
or being in any way unpleasant in a few of your postings, we'd rather do
without them. Unpleasant, meaning, by my standards not yours. Evidently
your standards are a lot more relaxed.

  This is a private message but I have no objection to your posting it
to any list you desire, provided you do not edit it.

  Tine

"Chris, UK" <tl2 at chrisjj.com> wrote:
  Tine wrote:

> I am truly amazed that 1200 peple on this list let this idiot Derik
> call them ignorant, incompetent, dull, predictable, inexperienced,
> same old, boring, BS. This is just the words from this email.

Tine, you should be ashamed of yourself. That's a wicked
misrepresentation of Derik's email.

"The music the DJ plays suddenly becomes very predictable ... rather
dull" is not calling anyone predictable or dull, let alone '1200 people
on this list'. In fact his email contains not a single example of the
name-calling you claim.

I hope you have the good grace to apologise to Derik and this list as a
whole.

Chris