[Tango-L] length of some nuevo songs

Duende de Tango duendedetango at mac.com
Wed May 3 03:58:56 EDT 2006

The people I have known in the business, use a very scientific approach!

The just lop of the end of the audio or video,
hence it is shortened with a fade out!

>Keith, I sense that you have the musical know-how to carry out proper
>edits while retaining musical feeling and direction. If I had to guess,
>I'd say very few Listeros would be comfortable trimming a minute or two
>from a too-long tango song on their computer. Perhaps you'll find a way
>to offer your shortened versions on CD without incurring the wrath of
>copyright holders.
>
>The only tango I've ever felt the need to trim is the Brazilian piano
>solo 'Plangente' by Ernesto Nazareth as performed by Joshua Rifkin.
>Using editing software I took out the /Da Capo al coda/ --I edited it so
>that Mr. Rifkin takes the final ending on the first run-through,
>shortening the song from an unwieldy and ultimately boring 5:54 to an
>engagingly slow and sad 3:21.
>--
>Michael 'Bink' Knowles
>binkster at binkster.net
>www.binkster.net

Costa rica

©2004, por Duende de Tango, viviendo en el paraíso,
todos de los derechos reservados del mundo

Rich coast,
of flowers and dreams,
dancing nights,
and candle lights.