[Tango-L] way too long ... Re: length of some nuevo songs

Christian Lüthen christian.luethen at gmx.net
Wed May 3 03:56:02 EDT 2006

sooooo true: "modern"/"neo"-tango songs tend to be way too long.
I already had this feeling with the first 'Gotan Project' CD: songs started
rythmical but after just half a minute or so the electronic beat gets boring
(and dead). And then these numbers go on and on and on ... and even
worse: many DJ's who try - in their faulty attempts - to be 'hip'/'in'/'modern'
just overdo it by playing three and more of these in a row.

Christian