[Tango-L] Basta Ya!

Aron ECSEDY aron at milonga.hu
Mon May 1 09:02:06 EDT 2006

> music, or interactions.  But when a conversation turns
> emotional and personal, it is time to take it off the floor.

I agree. This whole 'debate' is getting a bit childish.

I dance close embrace and open embrace alike (dependent mostly on partner
and music - both are important IMO). Not necessarily within one dance, but I
do both. They are like two different dances to me (not in technique, but in
feeling), but both are tango. Different aspects, different concept, however,
I would not give up either. As for considering open embrace something "less
than", well I think MY tango is MY dance and NO-ONE on this planet will tell
me how to dance MY dance, thank you. If you don't like it, don't watch it or
don't dance with me. If you read interviews with the great Argentine dancers
of the past, they actually were thinking the same way - they never wanted to
dance like all the others, they wanted to be special, the best.

IMHO This equalizing, copy-oriented, overtraditional approach is the
creation of the 90s. We copy, therefore we think we are a part of an old
tradition. Why don't you continue the tradition rather than canning the old
one? Eg. The biggest problem in international ballroom is canning. The most
important argument on the side of argentine tango is the fact that it is
innovative and not canned!

So? Do we can tango or can we do tango?

Aron

Ecsedy Áron