[Tango-L] Who v. What

Chris, UK tl2 at chrisjj.com
Fri Jun 30 14:58:00 EDT 2006

Jake wrote:

> That is what my (now infamous) "Prologue to an Aesthetics" was about.
> Anyone with a semester's worth of experience in actual aesthetics
> (whether from the artistic or the philosophical angle) will recognize...

Damn, that must have the semester I skipped off to dance...

Meanwhile <smile!>, Sergio wrote

> let's go to our business: TANGO.

Yes let's!

So, this stuff on sweeps:

> if you don't accompany your "foot push" by a leader's body movement
> that reinforces what she should be doing, you'll soon discover ...

Leader's body movement? What leader's body movement? In sweep or any step.

When the guy keeps his upper body static relative to hers, and she to his,
thence the union. Within that union, the lead is just kinesthetic gesture,
only the suggestion to move... as one.

I thought "leader's body movement" is what happens at the front end of a
panto cow.

Chris

PS Note for US readers ;) : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantomime_cow