[Tango-L] Leading with hands... and even legs

astrid astrid at ruby.plala.or.jp
Tue Jun 27 22:39:40 EDT 2006

> Now for this special walk, if I'm interpreting it correctly. As I lead the
woman to step backwards on her right foot, I step forward on my left. As I
lead her step back on her left, instead of stepping forward in front of her
left foot, I wrap my right foot around her (free)  right foot. I have to
bring my foot down to her ankle so as she puts weight onto that foot, it
will pop out of the caress. I don't lead it with my foot. I have to get her
to move onto her left foot with my torso so I can wrap her right foot. There
is NO leading with my feet.

Your explanation in itself shows that this is no walk but a wrap, Michael.
I said, he "drapes", he does not wrap. They touch frontally while they walk.

> Somebody wrote:
> > Wow. Does anyone here have experience of being lead by the /legs/?
>
> You forgot sacadas (the leg is part of it) and barridas (using the foot
and the leg)

> There is also a very special kind of walk a few men apply, where they hold
the woman close, lead her straight ahead while kind of "walking into her"
while draping her vertically over their thighs. Sort of a full body contact
walk of the four legged monster, and yes, it feels as sensuous as it sounds.
The legs are part of the lead.