[Tango-L] Leading with hands... and even legs

astrid astrid at ruby.plala.or.jp
Tue Jun 27 09:06:08 EDT 2006

> > Does anyone here have experience of being lead by the /legs/?
> >
> > You forgot sacadas (the leg is part of it) and barridas (using the foot
> > and the leg)
>
> That's "leading"? Surely me pushing her foot is... just me pushing her
foot.

Yeah. Just like the other lead is "pushing" her with your chest....

> And if she pushes mine back, is she leading? No. She's just pushing mine
> back.

A lead is a lead as a rose is a rose. So, influencing the movements of the
dance with the help of your foot is not leading? So, what's your definition
of "leading" then?

> > Then you have the fantasia move where the woman does what
> > some German teachers call a "tiramisu", meaning, she raises her left
knee
> > and runs her foot up the man's leg and wraps it around
>
> > then he steps back with that leg while not letting her move,
>
> Um, where's the leg lead in that?

You figure it out. But I have a feeling you are nowhere near that level of
technique...