[Tango-L] Leading with hands

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 26 18:15:35 EDT 2006

Hi Deby,

Sean here. I have heard women describe their experience
dancing with certain men as "I knew exactly what he wanted
me to do, but I don't know how I knew!" Have you ever had
that experience? If so, how do you know that the man wasn't
using his hands "in an unperceptible way, unperceptible to
the follower and to the spectators."

I try to make sure that my indications to the woman are
clear but not intrusive. I try to be subtle enough that she
may respond without concious effort, and not so subtle that
she has to concentrate to understand me. I use my arms and
hands when I need to, but not in a way that disrupts the
woman's dance.

Sean

--- Deby Novitz <dnovitz at lavidacondeby.com> wrote:

Excuse Mr. Viejo Milonguero...could you please direct me to
the milongueros that lead with any hand left or right?  I
am afraid I missed this somewhere...because all the
milongueros I know, never lead with their hands.

Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh's most popular social dance.
http://www.pitt.edu/~mcph/PATangoWeb.htm