[Tango-L] Leading with the hands.

Caroline Polack runcarolinerun at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 26 14:24:40 EDT 2006

"Who's teaching this stuff?"

My thoughts exactly - I follow the shoulders, simple as that. Once you
understand that each partner's shoulder need to face each other, everything
follows after that. BUT, I have become aware of when the hand on my back
changes positions - if it moves to the side of my back, they are giving me a
bit of space to do the ochos or whatnot and thus, prepares me and when the
hand moves closer to  the other side of my back, obviously, close embrace. I
can tell you that many women do not like being manhandled or forced forwards
by the hand on the back, it makes us go a bit off balance. Just move the
shoulders, we will follow.

Caroline