[Tango-L] Tango and Braille

Chris, UK tl2 at chrisjj.com
Mon Jun 26 08:59:00 EDT 2006

"Tango Terrorist" wrote:

> Do you remember Monty Python reading the News in Braille - "Now just let
> me feel that again" ?

Sure do ;) Thanks for that joyous reminder.

> Tango is not Braille.

Though do forgive the students that have been taught otherwise. I recall
only too well the workshop of a peripatetic Argentine, telling the guys
where on her back to push in order to "make her do" this or that ocho.

I sat out. At the end of the lesson my girl slumped beside me and said "I
feel like a TV remote".

For next birthday, I made her a T-shirt on the back of which were printed a
symmetric array of large coloured buttons labelled "left ocho", "cross",
"boleo" etc. We both laughed as she threw it in the bin.

Shame really, since now I realise there are places where such could be sold
for good money... ;)

Chris