[Tango-L] Cabeceo, again

Chris, UK tl2 at chrisjj.com
Sat Jun 24 20:37:00 EDT 2006

spatz at tangoDC.com wrote

> I can teach young dancers the "cabeceo game" in DC in five minutes,
> and it might take two years to spread to Los Angeles-- precisely
> because the environment here in the US does not make it necessary
> or even effective.

You're saying in that social environment, it is neither necessary nor
effective?

Then notwithstanding that much tango education is founded on the very
principle of teaching stuff that is neither necessary or effective, I'd be
interested to hear why you think anyone there needs to learn it.

> The *action* of the cabeceo is perhaps natural;
> its  *meaning* however, is a construct

Only to those who don't get it. In its various forms in different cultures,
it's meaning is natural to just about every guy and girl on the planet.

"How about it?"

Chris