[Tango-L] Colgada et al...

Deby Novitz dnovitz at lavidacondeby.com
Sat Jun 24 12:39:09 EDT 2006

The people here in Buenos Aires whether it be teachers or dancers tell
you that in the milongas where we dance, the milongueros dance 3
movements; walk, ochos, giros.  Those in their opinon are the only
movements in tango.  Those movements become sequences.  If you have been
here and you watch the people who dance, what do they do? They walk,
they do ochos, they do giros.  If they teach, what do they teach? How to
walk, how to do ochos, how to do a giro.

Cabaceo...let's not start this landmine again.  Just as I have written
there should be respect for the culture here in Buenos Aires, whether it
be for the cabaceo or putting your shoes on at the table, one should
respect the culture of tango in their own community.  Here in Buenos
Aires I never dance with someone who comes to the table unless I know
him and want to dance with him.  In San Francisco, LA, where ever,  I
asked guys to dance.  Yes, a few try the cabaceo in the tango
communities, but the majority ask each other.  This is the culture.

On another note, if you are thinking of coming to Buenos Aires, I have a
lovely apartment where I rent two rooms.  Many people have stayed here
and had a great time. In addition to a great view you get me and Roxie
in the bargain.  If you are interested check out my website
www.lavidacondeby.com.  Yesterday the doctor said I could start to walk
again!  Woo! Hoo!  Watch out Buenos Aires.....