[Tango-L] Writing is like dancing

Euroking@aol.com Euroking at aol.com
Thu Jun 8 13:57:34 EDT 2006

Great points,  but writing has one goal and that is to communicate. A major
difference IMO  between dance and writing is the size of the audience. In
dancing, unless it is  for stage or teaching the audience is very small.
Writing, its  content and style determines and differentiates the size of
intended audience  and actual audience. A well written and reasoned treatise
utilizing derivative components of the English language from a Latin  or Romance
based language is not as informative to many as a simple  statement coming
from Anglo-Saxon based words, yet they can convey the same  thought.
So while I  welcome Jake's comments, I agree with Sergio, forgive me Sergio
if I am putting  words in your mouth, keep it simple. While I read and
understand Jake's prologue (I needed to print it out and reread it several  times) I
don't think, in retrospect it was time well spent and probably will not  put
that much time into it in the future. Yesterday was a slow day.  In fact, at
that level much more than 2-3  paragraphs can be mind numbing.  Good stuff
but...
Sergio, I  truly find your comments informative and enlightening and you have
helped me  understand more of what Tango is or is not. I look forward to
them. For that I  thank you. Jake, you also have made some good points, but I
mentally don't want  to work that hard. But that is the choice I make...
Just  some thoughts,

Bill in Seattle

In a message dated 6/8/2006 10:12:50 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,