[Tango-L] Encouraging DJism

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 6 17:05:06 EDT 2006

I’d like to thank everyone who shared their thoughts
with me on encouraging people to become tango deejays.
 Several who wrote privately indicated that it was
sheer necessity that motivated them to become deejays.
 Basically, there was no one else to do it.

The idea of looking toward non-dancers (either deejays
of non-tango events or music collectors) that a few
people suggested was new to me.  That makes sense
since many dancers like to focus only on dancing.

The milongas here are all organized by teachers, so
that is what everyone is used to.  So it was
interesting when Diego presented his workshop with the
idea that deejays would eventually like to do their
own milongas.   Another way to cover those expenses.

Another thought – our budding deejay is Greek, the Ann
Arbor deejays are all Indian, there are Russian and
Turkish deejays.  There are American deejays, of
course, but the proportion of foreigners seems high.
Think there is a connection?

Trini de Pittsburgh

Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh's most popular social dance.
http://www.pitt.edu/~mcph/PATangoWeb.htm